Wednesday, July 16

Obsession: Rihanna

Fashions the word... that every magazine Rihanna has been atop of illustrates. She has been an enormous obsession to vast portions of the world, just not quite to me. Like her song Umbrella, I feel as if she has been overplayed. She has been on one, too many covers. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly admire her determination to be on every top fashion magazine's cover, but I think it is getting old. We are in desperate need of more new faces like Leighton from Gossip Girl, Alexis Bledel from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pant's 2, or Kristen Stewart from Twilight. Rihanna has been seen as the cover girl for Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Glamour, Seventeen, Fabulous, Allure, and most recently InStyle. There are several others, not including the foreign magazines. Take it as you want, although I'm kind of done with all of it. Rihanna is beautiful and has exceptional style, but how many times can you interview and write about a pop/R&B artist before it gets dull?
Am I wrong? I'm willing to stand corrected; nonetheless I'll still be bored with her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be gone for a few days. I am going beach camping and then flying to vacation in Canada. Yippee for me. I'll still be able to comment everyone back, for I am bringing my macbook, but I probably won't make that many new posts. Sorry and I hope I will be able to maintain all my royal readers!

13 comments:

Danz said...

Ha, well I live in Barbados where she's from and I've been tired of seeing her for a long time. I understand she's popular but sometimes it can get a bit overbearing. I guess as long as she's selling the numbers they're looking for, we're still going to be seeing her on covers.

Bang Bang Starz said...

thanks for the comment so sweet xoxo... i m glad you like my blog..your's is fab too....I am so jealous right now your going beach campinggg1! have fun!

Guirec Munier said...

U r a fashion addict ! If u want, I invite u to come to see some of the most beautiful heels, dresses and bags of the Paris fashion weeks and many more...!

EvaAmarri said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog. I adore yours as well. I'll add u to m links. Hope u do the same

Supercalifashionista said...

I love Rihanna, she is fabulous. As much as her songs are overplayed, she look great on a magazine cover!

Sam said...

I'm kind of tired of seeing her too and her songs are played waayyy too much!
have fun on your trip!! =]

Lydia O'Connor said...

She does have a fun, somewhat unique style, but this is definite Rhianna overplay.
Your blog is lovely!
And thank you for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rihanna... she's cute, but not so cute to be deserving of all those covers. And her InStyle cover haircut? Questionable.

yiqin; said...

I don't like her style actually! =X But Umbrella is just so damn catchy.

Othalia said...

love love love her!!!! she is great!

Debbie Shiamay said...

Ur blog is fab!!! Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

I think a person can have infinite depth. But I don't think Rihanna is one of them. I'm sure they've run out of stuff to talk about with her. I'd like to see Amanda Seyfried on a cover.

Dana (MODAna) said...

I imagine she has advisors to keep her interviews from getting old.
have fun!